Wednesday 13 March 2013

Jeans Bend......

I was recently privileged to be asked to quilt some special quilts, Memorial quilts for my Customer and her four children. The quilts are made from Granny's jeans. Granny was an artist and the jeans have splodges of paint, so each Grandchild had to have a bit of paint on there special quilt.

Their Mother made a wonderful job of piecing the tops utilising all of the pieces and pockets, I love them, what a great imagination.

Each quilt measures approximately 45 inches square, has cotton batting and we used Metro thread for durability.



Books 2 Jeans Bend...

This quilt is made to look like books......

Stripes 2 Jeans Bend...

Stripes 1 Jeans Bend...

This Grandchild was born in the United States of America, and simulates the stars and stripes,(guess you can tell that). I hid 50 stars in the quilt....

Windows 3 Jeans Bend...

Windows 1 Jeans Bend...

This quilt simulates the coin stones around windows...on the day I quilted this one it was a blizzard outside so I was inspired by snowflakes.

Pockets 2 Jeans Bend...

Pockets 1 Jeans Bend...

Pockets made into a special wallhanging....love it!

My Millie quilted through these quilts like a hot knife through butter, I had such a lot of fun quilting them and my customer Jakki was thrilled with the results....




12 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! You just elevated those 4 quilts to amazing! Well done

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exemplary quilting and fantastic quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Kay - No wonder she is thrilled. Beautiful quilting too. Millie did well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely quilts as usual Kay. I particularly like the one with pockets. What do you use to make your circles so perfect?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kay--awesome quilting designs you chose--you did indeed make an heirloom from that family's memories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all of them! What wonderful memories they hold. Your quilting is spectacular ... I may have to give the overlapping circles a try. And the Greek key looks terrific too. That one is tough for me, but I'll start practicing it more on paper.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely job you've done on these quilts! I love all the different designs you've used. There's so much to look at and that's exactly what we strive for, isn't it. You are always inspiring to me. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love them all! You girls did a STELLAR job! I love denim, have a ton of it saved up, but haven't found anything clever enough to spend my time. I thought of doing a wall hanging with pockets too! I LOVE to applique, so I was going to have flowers coming out of it & call them "A Pocket full of Posies". I think you just gave me the motivation to get started on it! Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful work and for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You girls did a STELLAR job-I LOVE them ALL! I just LOVE denim, and I have tons of it saved up. I just haven't found the "perfect" thing to make yet. I've always had the idea to make a wall hanging with the pockets( I have about 50 of them) & now that I see yours done, it is awesome! I LOVE to applique, so my idea was to applique flowers coming out of the pockets and call it "A Pocket Full of Posies". Thank you for sharing your beautiful work. I believe that today is the day to get started! You have just inspired me to get to it! And what a perfect day to begin a new project, on National Quilting Day! Thank You for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the idea of the quilt with Grandma's jeans... they are lovely... but the beautiful quilting is over the top... and I think if it were my grandmother's jeans , I would have liked it a bit less different designs in each one... maybe just one plain design.. so that the fabric that touched grandma and the paint there shined more than your expert quilting...
    I am one who loves both, but this would have been pretty with a simple design and let Grandma shine through...

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a wonderful memorial for each grandchild!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....