Sunday 23 March 2014

A Girly DNP Quilt....

For the uninitiated that's a 'Girly Disappearing Nine Patch' quilt.  It's a very effective yet simple block, colour choices can make a huge difference to the over all look. I've had this pink flowery spirally fabric for a long while, it was waiting for this nice black to come along.

Well actually, I didn't intend to make this quilt it wasn't on my 'to do' list. A lot of what I'm doing at the moment isn't on my list, must be procrastinating, putting off doing something else that's a bit more intense...

This quilt measures 63x73, I used Hobbs 80/20 batting/wadding and a white Metro thread. The panto I chose is Trellis Hearts by Patricia Ritter, I used the digitised version on my Quilt Path system. I bound the quilt with matching black fabric and added a little machine embroidery in black thread for added interest in the border.











3 comments:

  1. Love the argyle effect of this layout. Tha'ts some effective procrastination

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SOO pretty!!! I love it. But what's the "intense" project that your putting off?? I bet that project is going to be a stunner!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is there a pattern for this quilt for yardage for each fabric?

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....