Sunday 9 November 2014

Moving right along....


I've had to put a hold on some of my own entertainment, pressure of work and all that. I did however manage to finish up my second Needlestar block Paula Nadelstern style.

I have also been playing with these blocks and now just have the borders to add....it's a big one, my design wall is otherwise occupied and the vacant floorspace isn't big enough.  I'm nearly done but who knows when it will be quilted...into the queue with all the others it goes....


I've been working on another deadline, but that is nearing completion and will be unveiled in the new year. So, following are a few customer quilts....


 The first is a soduko quilt hand pieced by Jean and quilted with wildflower edge to edge....




Another two for another Jeans Grandsons, quilted with Surf, such a wonderful design it looks great on a variety of quilts...




And while we still have a few leaves swirling around this is a fabulous autumnal quilt by Barbara quilted with 'botanical garden', love the purples, reds and oranges all together....

On Friday at Borderland Fabrics, Jedburgh, I was lucky enough to win four batik quilt tops in a Silent Charity Auction to raise funds for a young man to enable him to take part in Disabled games in Poland....I got ready made hand pieced quilt tops and Margaret raised some funds for her Grandson, good job all around...


We had a little 'Cheese and Wine' party while waiting for the count down to see who had won the fabrics...


Sneak peak of what's on my frame just now....I'll be gone awhile.....#Stonefields

2 comments:

  1. Your needlestars just shine in the photos Kay...they're going to be beautiful.

    And how great to win that silent auction....good prize.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're doing custom on that one...it will be great!!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there, thanks for dropping by, I appreciate your visit and comments.....